Friday, July 19, 2013

Niagara Falls, NY

We took a quick trip back home to Niagara Falls, NY, this past weekend. My sister, Doris, had her baby baptized, so we decided to surprise her by showing up. We didn't want to disappoint them if we couldn't make it.

So, while back home, Ken and I went to visit the falls. Boy are the roads messed up down there. Parking was $10 just to walk down to see the falls...we skipped it.  We drove down to 3 Sisters Islands, I had seen on facebook that they finished fixing it up and it had just reopened. We got lucky and got a parking space (free) and strolled down to see the islands. They did a good job, but everything is fenced in now (well, it could of been that way for a long time, has been a long time since we went there).  I guess they had to do this to protect the citizens.

Here are a couple of layouts I did with the kit "My First Travels" by Couric Designs.

The first one is the sign (we like photos of signs) they had up about the things they completed on the islands and a photo of Ken standing in the entrance to the islands.


The first photo is of one of the bridges between two of the islands, I am in the center photo, and the last one is of some of the rapids while standing on a bridge looking over.






No comments: