Monday, May 7, 2012

Do you like recipes?

I joined the Recipe Challenge over at Digital Scrapbooking Studio in their forum thread here. I love this challenge because recipe cards are made 4" tall by 6" wide, the same size I have been doing mine for years! 

I started making my cards using the HugBug recipe cards. I pull them into Microsoft Publisher. I can get two on a page, and actually do both the same recipe. Why? Because when you name the file by the recipe name you can find it easier. I started doing two different ones with two names in the files, but the second name was never alphabetical, so very difficult to find.  

I do print them out on white card stock and print out both of them. I figure I can give it to someone, like my son and his wife, my SIL, whom ever. For the cards I keep, I go an extra step and laminate them with my 5" Xyron machine.  

But...I only laminate the front sides of them. To do this put two printed and cut cards back to back (so both front sides are facing out). Hold them together and start through the machine. Once laminated cut them out close to the edges of the card. Pull them apart and both fronts are laminated...saving expensive lamination material! Check the edges of the cards to make sure none of the sticky lamination material is exposed, if so, just trim it off. Perfect 4x6 cards...and the fronts are wipe-able in case you spill on them.

If you join the recipe card challenge you will have to purchase the first kit. After you have completed the challenge and posted she will send you a code to get the 2nd month's kit for free. As long as you keep "playing" you will get the next code for free. These kits are neat too, because all the papers are 4x6 and all the elements are created to fit the 4x6 template.

Here are my recipes, blank recipe cards and I even made a divider card.



1 comment:

Candie said...

These are awesome! I can't wait to get the full size 6x4's! Thanks for sharing your preview Kathy!