Follow by Email

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Book Review: Following Your Heart

Name:  Following Your Heart
Publisher:  Harvest House Publishers
Author:  Jerry S. Eicher
Publication Date:  5/1/2012
Received Date:  2/10/2012
Completed Date:  3/30/2012
Reviewed by: Kathy Brandt

I really enjoyed reading this book about an Amish family (first Amish book I have read). I did get confused with the use of some German words in this book. I wish the author would of given us a page with all the German words and what they were in English. It would of made this book easier to read for me.

This was a great story about Susan's family, the second in a series, of which I had not read the first book, but that was okay, I could follow along easily.  Susan was apparently promised to Thomas in marriage, but after seeing him kiss another girl she fled and lived the English life for awhile (book 1). After meeting and befriending Teresa, who was an unwed mother, they both went back to Susan's family and the Amish ways. Teresa was adamant to bring her newborn son up in the Amish ways and would do anything, even marry an older man, to accomplish her goals. Susan was just as adamant that Teresa not marry this older Amish man. Who will accomplish their goals, or will they both?

During this story we not only learn the mistakes of Teresa and Susan but mistakes of other main characters in the book...proving that we all make mistakes in our lives and have to seek forgiveness.

I received this book free from the publisher for this review. I was not required to write a positive review. These opinions about this book are my own.

No comments: