Sunday, October 21, 2007

Eagle Scout

Our son, Steven, finally had his Eagle Scout ceremony on Sunday, October 14, at our church. We started with a pot luck and had a court of honor for the other boys. We then moved into the church for his Eagle court of honor. It was a nice, short, ceremony. Steven achieved Eagle rank in July of this year.

My mom was able to fly in and stayed with us. My dad and his wife, Jan, drove in and thanks dad for taking the pictures. Here are two layouts with his pictures.

In the top right photo you see Steven with his red neckerchief on for the troop. When a boy becomes Eagle it is replaced with a red, white and blue neckerchief. He also received the red, white and blue Eagle pin and the Eagle Scout badge. Mom, me, received a pin and dad received a tie tack.


These are some family shots. I took the ones on the bottom of my dad and Steven and my mom and Steven. Brad, in the bottom center photo, is a good friend of Steven's and actually got up and spoke at the ceremony. He is also a recent Eagle scout and belongs to the Order of the Arrow, the white sash he is wearing.


Credit: Kit used is A Thankfall Heart by Linda Walton of 3Scrapateers. Font used is HandelGothic.

2 comments:

Snowsmoon said...

WOW, you and Ken must be SOOO proud. I work with a guy who is a troup leader and his twins just made Eagle Scout this year too! Great job with Linda's new kit. Thank you for sharing this AWESOME Job your STEVEN!

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Kathy, as I mentioned already when leaving a comment in the 3S gallery, this is such an INCREDIBLE accomplishment for a young man and something I have always wished my boys could get involved with. CONGRATULATIONS Steven, you are AWESOME! Love your layouts with *A Thank"fall" Heart* - thank you SO much!

BIG HUGS,
Linda