Follow by Email

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Steven, Eagle Scout



My current project is doing a scrapbook of Steven, my middle son and next Eagle Scout. These are layouts of Steven in Cub Scouts and at Boy Scout camp (one of his first years there). I have an 8x8 board book that I will be putting these in and I have some scouting scrap kits to use items to help embellish it. For Steven's Eagle Scout project he moved our community food pantry to a larger room (almost triple the size). Of course he had to clean out the room first, of all it's junk, prime and paint it, install new lights and get shelving in there. He put in more than 130 hours with the help of his troop.

CREDITS: The poems in this layout are from a small book called a Pocketful of Poems -Kids Incorporated Children's Series -Volume 2 by Lisa Stiglic. It features 48 ready-made poems to add to your scrapbooks and cards. Or you can do like I did and just type them in your digital layouts. The kit used is Camping Capers from Tamera Dantes and the fonts used are Elephant, Arial Narrow and Balloon.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

SO cute! I have 4 boys, so I know all about scouting! Love the pages :)

Anonymous said...

I have a Steven who is also an Eagle Scout. On his way to college in the fall!

I am doing just a 2 page layout of his Eagle project and COH to include in a general life album to go on his graduation table display.

I hope to finish it today, if my POS printer cooperates. I Hate the dang thing! When it works, it is very nice, but it chokes on photo paper and I end up having to feed each sheet by hand several times!